Saturday 5 December 2015

A hero recreated his twin sister's Instagrams by replacing her baby with a cat

One man wanted to give his twin sister the best birthday gift ever, so he recreated 28 of herInstagram photos — starring only himself and a cat.
The twins have very different lifestyles; Gordy Yates lives the single life, partying and traveling, while his sister Meredith is married with two kids, he wrote on his blog.
Meredith "is so great and I am so bad [at giving birthday gifts]," he wrote. "No matter where I’ve lived, she’s always either sent the gift in a package or saved it to give to me later. [...] It’s like I feel that I’m not quite an adult so I don’t need to give people things but they should give things to me."
So this year, Yates decided to even the score for his sister's 28th birthday by re-enacting 28 of her photos to make up for his years of dropping the ball. He enlisted help from a cat that belonged to someone at his church.

He started out simple, by recreating shots of just Meredith...


recreation 1

...and then moved on to slightly more involved poses.

recreation 2

The best photos are the ones in which Yates tries to recreate Meredith with her kids.

recreation 3
recreation 4

This cat was not psyched about her crown...

recreation 5

...but was clearly game for some smooches

recreation 6

Yates told Babble that in his eyes, cats and kids are pretty similar, so the photos weren't too much of a stretch.

recreation 7
“They both like to eat off of and crawl on the floor, they both like to bite me, they’re both really small, they’re both really hard to control, and I can’t give birth to either of them.” Yep, sounds about right.


No comments:

Post a Comment