Thursday 27 August 2015

Local community saves 5-year-old's birthday after no one shows up


After only a few people showed up to a little girl's birthday party, her local community came together to throw her the best fifth birthday ever.
Lauren Sassmannshausen of Spring Hill, Tennessee was heartbroken when only a few adults attended her daughter Taliyah's fifth birthday on Saturday, despite multiple RSVP's to the event.

"Tallie was asking about every 10 minutes where her friends were, and my response was 'they are coming, baby,'" Sassmannshausen wrote on Facebook. But instead of giving up, Sassmannshausen decided to open the invite to her community's local Facebook page.


Fortunately, Sassmannshausen's local community answered the call and dozens of people showed up, including a number of children, to celebrate Tallie's birthday.
"Never in my life would I have thought we would have so many people care about a child they didn't know," Sassmannshausen wrote in a follow-up post on her Facebook page. "I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart and I want to express my gratitude to you all for coming out and making my baby girl's birthday so very special."

I Never in my life thought a community would pull together like they did today. I had several people RSVP and only a few came. Tallie was asking about every 10 minutes where her friends were, and my response was "they are coming, baby". time passed and none of her friends showed. So I asked the Springhill community if any of their kids wanted to come and celebrate with us!. 

NEVER in my life would I have though we would have so many people care about a child they didn't know. I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart and I want to express my gratitude to you all for coming out and making my baby girls birthday so very special. SO THANK YOU!!! GOD IS GREAT

No comments:

Post a Comment